COSINUS - Analogue Room Correction and Bass Management System ( Built-to order )
COSINUS - functions
• 3 bandpass filters with continuously adjustable level +/- 10 dB, continuously adjustable frequency between 20 and 240 Hz and Q-factor between von 0,3 and 10
• 100% analogue without AD/DA Conversion
• Extreme neutral sound due to intelligent design and premium components
• Compare mode guarantees minimum channel differences
• Bandpass 1 can be used as x-over to generate low pass signals for subwoofer systems. Bandpass 2 and 3 can then be used for either the sub path or main monitors.
• Phase shifter with adjustable phase and level to match phase of subwoofer and main monitors
• Containing two consequently separated channels the COSINUS can drive stereo subwoofer systems.
• Flexible routing due to separated connections for each
The COSINUS is specialized in the correction of room modes and comes as a purely analogue device without the AD / DA-conversion that is necessary for digital filters in the monitoring path. In demanding audio environments, such as mixing or mastering, the problems remaining after the room acoustics are restricted to the bass range; The COSINUS offers three fully parametric bandpass filters per channel from 20 to 240 Hz . It is also possible to control up to two subwoofers by selecting the seperation frequency (bass management) and analogue phase correction.
The low frequency behavior of acoustically small rooms (below 40 m2) is determined by room resonances (eigenmodes, standing waves) causing cancellations and booming. Bass traps – tuned or broadband – provide focused absorption and are effectively used for correction in control rooms, home theatres and HiFi rooms. If not enough traps can be used – due to insufficient space or budget – room correction filters are used for optimizing the frequency response at the listening position. Digital systems provide a huge amount of filter banks but AD/DA Conversion between monitor control system or mixing desk and power amplifier is mandatory. According to the requirements of mbakustik the COSINUS was developed for ambitious users who don’t want any interference at this crucial point of the signal path.
Analogue filter and bass management including phase shifter for mastering, analogue mixing and HiFi, remedy room mode issues and bass problems in your monitoring setup, match and optimize the phase response of a subwoofer, control up to two subwoofers by selecting the seperation frequency (bass management) and analogue phase correction
Datasheet | Examples